In August, we alerted you to Asia Bibi’s court date approaching in October. The time has come, and her final appearance will be this Thursday.
Pakistan’s Supreme Court will finally examine Asia Bibi’s blasphemy case this Thursday. Pakistani Christians ask their brothers and sisters worldwide to pray for Asia, her lawyer and family.
Please recall that Asia was sentenced to death by a Pakistani court for allegedly blaspheming the prophet Mohammed when she was having an argument with local Muslim women, who didn’t allow her to draw water from the well. She has been imprisoned since 2009. She was sentenced to death by a court. This verdict was first upheld and later suspended by a higher court (July 2015).
The case went to Pakistan’s Supreme Court, which has to make the final decision about her case. Thursday is a crucial day for Asia and likely her last chance. in the past, Muslim extremists have been able to influence court decisions. But local Christians have told Open Door’s partners that they remain hopeful, because of obvious mistakes that were made during the police investigation and court cases.
This Thursday, many Christians will gather to pray for Asia and other Christians in prison because of the Blasphemy Law. They strongly request that brothers and sisters elsewhere will join them in petitioning to the Lord.
Asia is married to a man who had three children from a previous marriage and together they also had two children. She is 45 years old. Sometimes she is referred to as Asia Bibi, Noreen Bibi or Asia Noreen Bibi.
- Pray for Asia, that the Lord will use her testimony to draw people to him and to unite Pakistani Christians.
- Pray that Asia will receive much strength and hope from Thursday’s court hearing. Pray that she will finally be released.
- Pray for the Christians who gather together to pray, that the Lord will guide and answer their prayers.
- Pray for the judges, the lawyers and the prosecutors that the Lord will work in their heart.
- Pray for the Muslim extremists, that they will allow Asia to go and won’t take revenge on her or on others, so she can be reunited with her family and rebuild her life.