Did You Know- Vietnam Edition
One of the most controversial wars in American history took place in this country, yet there is so much that is unknown about this country. Did you know:
- Vietnam is the most eastern country on the Indo-China peninsula
- Pho (a rice noodle soup) is one of the famous dishes from Vietnam
- The Saola (one of the rarest mammals on earth) is native to Vietnam
- The literacy rate is at 90% in Vietnam
- Martial Arts and soccer are the most popular sports in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City is the largest city in Vietnam
The authorities keep a close eye on all Christian activities in the country. Church leaders are closely monitored and Christians are routinely questioned by security police, especially when they witness to others. In tribal areas, village and religious leaders report on Christian activity and often influence local government to take action against the increasing growth of the church. Evangelism and teaching are done secretively. There are reports that the army attacked two Christian Hmong villages this year, injuring at least 16 people.
Thank you for joining us in prayer for Christians in this country!