A Call for Prayer: President Trump Launches Airstrikes on Syria
President Trump announced airstrikes on Syria in coordination with the UK and France on Friday.
The strikes come nearly a week after Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s use of chemical weapons on his own people took the lives of more than 40 adults and children.
In a special address to the nation, President Trump said he recently ordered the United States armed forces to launch precision strikes on chemical weapons targets. He went on to say, “The evil and the despicable attack left mothers and fathers, infants and children thrashing in pain and gasping for air. These are not the actions of a man. They are crimes of a monster instead.”
Please join us in prayer for the people of Syria during this tragic and complex time.
Syria is experiencing extremely difficult circumstances. For believers and non-believers alike, they are living with constant threats from a monstrous regime and unending civil war to poverty and overall instability.
We work closely with many partners in Syria.
And we know many of you have joined with your brothers and sisters in Christ in Syria to help them rebuild their homes, churches in communities in the wake of ISIS. These brave believers returned to their homes to be a light and many of them live in Homs and Damascus—near the targeted strikes.
We will keep you updated on their well-being as we hear more from our team on the ground.
We firmly believe it’s in the DNA of every believer to care for the suffering church—and we ask for your urgent prayers.
- Lord, we pray for peace and your protection over the men, women and children of Syria. Keep them safe from the bombs and missiles—no matter who is firing them.
- Father, we know that nothing is impossible for you. We ask you to stop this ongoing civil war in Syria and to provide stability and peace for its people and a future for this generation and generations to come.
- Lord, we pray for you to convict the hearts of the Syrian government to care for its people, more than power. We know that no leader is beyond your reach and we ask—with unflinching courage at the foot of your throne—for you to provide relief and hope for the people of Syria.
- Father, we lift up the church leaders in Syria, like Father Edward, and ask you to empower them with courage, wisdom and the resources to meet the needs of their people—and to be a light in the darkness.
- Lord, we join our brothers and sister in Syria—as one Church—and pray this prayer from Psalm 33:20-22.
We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
- Finally, Father, we pray for your Name to be known in Syria and for your sovereign will and purpose to prevail. And that through this tragedy and ongoing hardship many more people will come to know You—both through the bold, loving actions of the church and through your Word.
Christians in Syria are facing so much, and you can stand with believers in this region in their greatest time of need by giving today.