Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Open Doors International services the worldwide organization across more than 60 countries, from 3 offices based in the US, UK and The Netherlands.
Within Open Doors International (ODI) we are looking for a strategic and politically engaged
Advocacy Policy Officer
The key responsibilities
- Producing creative and strategic policy recommendations, backed by research, for the improvement of the Persecuted Church;
- Monitor trends and developments in international political arenas for effective engagement on issues pertinent to the Persecuted Church;
- Develop consistent and approved policy recommendations for engaging countries where persecution of Christians is high;
- Collaborate with national OD offices to adapt and develop policy recommendations for national governments.
- Committed Christian with a passion for the Persecuted Church;
- Hold a relevant degree, e.g. international law, political science, public policy, or international relations;
- Proven experience in research and drafting policy recommendations;
- Basic knowledge of different political systems and the governing rules and procedures;
- An interest in human rights in general and, preferably, in Freedom of Religion or Belief more in particular;
- Able to translate objectives and needs into specific priorities and actions;
- Excellent written communication, able to explain position statements and policies in clear English that can be understood by non-native English speakers.
This is a part-time, salaried position. Working at Open Doors implies that you are actively involved with the worldwide church. We offer you a fascinating and international working environment that is continuously in motion, in an enthusiastic team. Ideally, the position is allocated in one of our international offices, Witney (UK), Santa Ana, California (USA), Harderwijk (NL), though consideration may be given to remote workers.
Qualified and interested?
Submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you believe God has prepared you for this role. Send your application by May 18, 2018 addressed to Mr. Jos van Stiphout, Global Manager HR Services: [email protected] Please use this mail address if you have any questions regarding the position.
Working at Open Doors implies that you are actively involved with the worldwide church. We offer you a fascinating and international working environment that is continuously in motion, in an enthusiastic team. The position is allocated in one of our international offices, Witney (UK), Santa Ana (USA), Harderwijk (NL).
Qualified and interested?
Submit your curriculum vitae and outline including what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you for this role. Send your application ultimately September 29th addressed to Mr. Jos van Stiphout: [email protected]
The recruitment process will be finalized by the end of October. The first interviews will be planned in the 1st or 2nd week of October. When you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Ms. Gerda Jager, Manager Operational Services: [email protected]