Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Open Doors International supports the worldwide organization with specialized services such as Research, Advocacy, Finance, HR and ICT.
Within Open Doors International (ODI) we are looking for a strategic and politically engaged
The key responsibilities are:
- Define and lead the global advocacy strategy;
- Collaborate with all relevant global stakeholders to recommend strategy and tactics for Open Doors advocacy activities;
- Coordinate, support and align all global advocacy activities by identifying needs and translating them into agreed goals, messaging and actions;
- Identify all efforts and strategy needed to respond to emergency situations;
- Chair the internal Open Doors network of international advocacy specialists.
- Committed Christian with a passion for the Persecuted Church.
- A bachelor or master degree and working level;
- Minimum of three years of relevant working experience in both international and national political relations, cultures and processes;
- Proven experience in setting a strategy and implementing a plan for a 3-5 year period.
- Excellent communicator, networker and coordinator;
- Able to translate needs of the Persecuted Church into a clear message suitable for a political audience;
- A team player, sensitive to political cultures and environments;
- A proven interest in human rights in general and in Freedom of Religion or Belief.
Working at Open Doors implies that you are actively involved with the worldwide church. We offer you a fascinating and international working environment that is continuously in motion, in an enthusiastic team. The position is allocated in one of our international offices, Witney (UK), Santa Ana (USA), Harderwijk (NL).
Qualified and interested?
Submit your curriculum vitae and outline including what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you for this role. Send your application ultimately September 29th addressed to Mr. Jos van Stiphout: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruitment process will be finalized by the end of October. The first interviews will be planned in the 1st or 2nd week of October. When you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Ms. Gerda Jager, Manager Operational Services: Gerdaj@od.org