Open Doors invites individuals, groups and churches to participate in the International Day of Prayer by downloading reading guides, videos, sermon outlines, social media memes, and other tools made available each year.
As IDOP approaches, here are seven things you can do to take action on behalf of the persecuted church any time of year.
- Join our 2019 Day of Prayer for India. This IDOP Sunday (November 3), you can join God’s (and your!) family in India by learning about the situation for believers in India and praying intentionally for your sisters and brothers living there. You can download a free kit for your church, as well, with free resources to help you and your community stand with your family in India this IDOP Sunday. Click here to download your free resource kit.
- Learn more about the ways persecution is carried out around the world by taking this free interactive online course called The Ripple Effect. This four week series helps readers get their heads around what persecution looks like and provides personal stories to help us understand how it impacts the church in the world’s most difficult regions. It also provides information on how the Bible directs us to care for our fellow believers who face hardship. Click here to download this free study.
- Read the latest updates from persecuted Christian communities on Open Doors’ website. You can check out the latest stories of persecution on our blog and in the latest issue of Presence Magazine.
- Go deeper by visiting Dangerous Faith. Try this free, 10-week video series that explores both the persecution of the first century church and the persecution of modern day believers. This study inspires us to see how God often uses persecution to do great things, revealing himself in extraordinary ways that can deepen our faith. Find out how dangerous faith in Jesus can be by clicking here.
- Download the Open Doors Prayer App, which provides current and timely requests straight from Christians around the world who are targeted for their faith. Persecuted Christians frequently tell us that the thing they need most is prayer, as often their circumstances are so difficult they recognize that God himself is the only one capable of intervening. By committing to pray for the requests and alerts on the Prayer App, you support the body of Christ around the world. Click here to download the Prayer App now.
- Volunteer your voice. Sign up to use your social media voice to share about the persecuted church on your Facebook, Twitter or other social media feeds. Sign up here.
Follow Open Doors on social media, so you can stay aware of what’s happening to persecuted Christians around the world and stay in the loop on future ways to support persecuted Christians. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.