Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other ODUSA websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, when you donate and/or purchase from us, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
- The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, social media username)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Interests information given via first-party and third-party sources, for purposes of segmented communications (e.g. perceived interests in news or advocacy).
- Demographic information given via first-party and third party sources, for purposes of segmented communications (e.g. age, gender, interests).
- Actions performed on participating 3rd party websites or networks
- Shopping/Donation behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases/donations you have made on our web properties
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit an ODUSA website or use an ODUSA mobile application, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use first-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, etc…), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications as well third-party analytic tools (such as DoubleClick advertising cookies). The information we may collect by automated means includes: Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views, time on pages, and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites as well terms used on our sites
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the sites
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your donations and purchases
- Maintain a record of the donations and purchases you make on our sites
- Respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events, promotions, and offer you products, services and opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about ODUSA or our parent organization, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks
- Manage your participation in our events, promotions and other gatherings.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Provide advertisements both on and off our network to you
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
Information We Share
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to ODUSA’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain ODUSA offerings or site features. Here are the choices that ODUSA offers:
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites. To adjust your current settings, please email us at [email protected]
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our sites by our web analytics vendor by clicking here.
You may opt out of the use of us targeting advertisements to you from 3rd party advertising networks (see “Online Advertising” section for more information), you may do so by clicking here.
When you use an ODUSA application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs. You may also remove stored cookies via your web browser to remove cookies.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that ODUSA has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to ODUSA, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email [email protected], with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
Access and Correction
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with ODUSA. Linked sites may have their own Privacy Policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with ODUSA, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain aspects of your donation and/or purchase while in transit. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your ODUSA account user name or login name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your ODUSA account user name or password via email.
How to Contact Us
You also may write to us at
Open Doors USA
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799