Zita is a 15 year old girl who was born to a Muslim father and a Christian mother.
As the couple was raising Zita, Zita’s father gave her mom an ultimatum: convert to Islam…or lose your daughter.
Even after her husband’s threat, Zita’s mother refused to deny Jesus. Unfortunately, just eight months into Zita’s life, the child was taken from her home and forced to live with her Muslim relatives.
Tragically, Zita’s mother died that same month, possibly from a stress-related disease. A year later, Zita’s father also died unexpectedly. After her parents passed away, Zita was passed back and forth between Muslim and Christian relatives.
Still, along the way, she found Jesus. But this didn’t make for an easy road. When Zita converted to Christ at the age of 12, it led to severe persecution. Today, she continues to be harassed and mistreated for following Jesus.
Today, for the time being, Zita remains in the care of a Christian family and we have the opportunity to support her. As a result, we’d like to invite you to please take a moment to write a note of encouragement to this young sister in Christ to let her know that she is not alone–that God and a worldwide church of believers stand with her.
- Greeting cards, children’s artwork, and postcards are best.
- Write in simple English/French and keep your letter brief.
- Print clearly.
- Be encouraging and include 1-2 Bible verses.
- Show sensitivity; please don’t dwell on the recipient’s plight, or share about the blessings of life in your country.
- Do not mention Open Doors in your letters.
- If writing a postcard, please send it in an envelope and do not write the Open Doors’ address on the postcard.
- You may provide your name, but don not provide your full address.
- Do not criticize a country’s religion or religious extremists, its government, judicial system, or political leaders.
- Do not send money or make proposals to help.
Mail your physical letters to:
Open Doors USA
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799