Manda is a 29 year old woman from north-eastern Democratic Republic of Congo who recently came to Christ. When Manda’s husband learned she had converted to Christianity, he initially accepted her decision.
But three months after her baptism, something changed.
One day, while Manda was breastfeeding her youngest child, he returned home drunk. In a fit of rage, he poured petrol over the woman and baby and set them on fire. The child did not survive and Manda tragically sustained severe burns to her body. She is attempting to recover from terrible injuries that kept her in hospital for three months.
Although Manda has no support from her family, her church community is standing with her. As a part of her global support system, we invite you to join us in writing this sister in Christ an encouraging note during her time of need. Please help send the important message that, although Manda may be isolated and hurt because of her faith, that she is not alone.
- Greeting cards, children’s artwork, and postcards are best.
- Write in simple English/French and keep your letter breif.
- Print clearly.
- Be encouraging and include 1-2 Bible verses.
- Show sensitivity; please don’t dwell on the recipient’s plight, or share about the blessings of life in your country.
- Do not mention Open Doors in your letters.
- If writing a postcard, please send it it in an envelope and do not write the Open Doors’ address on the postcard.
- You may provide your name, but do not give your full address.
- Do not criticize a country’s religion or religious extremists, its government, judicial system, or political leaders.
- Do not send money or make proposals to help.
Mail your physical letters to:
Open Doors USA
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799