Aurora’s husband was murdered by a paramilitary group on the border of Venezuela in 2013 for preaching the gospel.
She has six children, and two of them are living at the Open Doors Children’s Center. At home, she has two small children. The other two are older, and because of the risk of being recruited by an illegal arms groups, they live far away from her.
Right now, she receives trauma counseling from Open Doors and is trying to live a stable life in the middle of pain and loneliness.
- Greeting cards, children’s artwork, and postcards are best.
- Please copy Bible verses from a Spanish Bible from the internet. Keep your letter brief. A few words of consolation in Spanish would also be good.
- Print clearly.
- Show sensitivity. Please don’t dwell on the recipient’s plight, or share about the blessings of life in your country.
- Do not mention Open Doors in your letters.
- If writing a postcard, please send it in an envelope and do not write the Open Doors’ address on the postcard.
- You may provide your name, but do not provide your full address.
- Do not criticize a country’s religion or religious extremists, its government, judicial system, or political leaders.
- Do not send money or make proposals to help.
Mail your physical letter to:
Open Doors USA
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799