Pray With Parents Arrested in Front of 7-Year-Old Daughter in Iran
Iranian Christians request prayer for a Christian family following a raid on their home in Mashhad, northeast Iran.
On December 6, several intelligence agents raided the home of Amir Taleipour, 39, and his wife Mahnaz Harati, 36. They proceeded to arrest the couple in front of their daughter (aged 7).
Pre-Christmas Campaigns of Intimidation
Amir and Mahnaz have been held in detention since their arrest. They have not been allowed to communicate with family members, nor permitted access to legal assistance. Their daughter is now being cared for by family members.
Iranian Christian ministry leaders have noted that they have come to expect increased numbers of arrests of Christians in Iran around Christmas, but that the situation in 2018 is more severe than in recent years.
Commenting on reasons for this surge, one leader remarked that the Christmas season is a period when many Iranians are attracted to Christianity and that the state seeks to deter this interest through campaigns of intimidation.
He also noted that different branches of the security forces may be competing for approval and funding by demonstrating their effectiveness in arresting Christians.
Praying With Believers in Iran
- Pray that the Lord will comfort and strengthen Amir and Mahnaz to persevere and be faithful witnesses of Christ
- Pray that Amir and Mahnaz will be allowed to communicate with their family and engage a lawyer, and that they will be released soon
- Ask God to comfort their daughter and keep her from anxiety and fear.
- Pray that Christians in Iran will be protected and alert and not intimidated by state security
- Pray that state security will cease targeting citizens on account of their religious belief