Uniting American Christians with our Persecuted Brothers and Sisters
Connectors inspire and unite people in churches and communities across the USA in prayer and support for persecuted Christians. By becoming a Connector, you’ll join a national network of volunteers using their gifts and talents in their own communities and churches to increase awareness, prayer and engagement on behalf of our brothers and sisters living under persecution.
What a Connector Does
Connectors do just what the name says—they connect their churches and other groups or individuals in their spheres of influence to the persecuted church.
As a Connector, you will lead activities to inform others about Christian persecution while equipping them with the tools they need to make a difference. Examples of Connector activities include:
- Informing and educating your church leadership about persecution.
- Hosting a table to talk to church members and sign up supporters.
- Providing resources and speaking about the persecuted church to small groups, Sunday school classes, youth groups and other groups in your church or community.
- Encouraging people to support persecuted Christians through prayer, letter writing and advocacy.
- Sharing the stories of persecuted Christians on social media and at various events.
As a Connector, you will be a voice for persecuted Christians to your church, Bible studies, friends, family and circles of influence.
Connectors must be organized, able to follow through on commitments, understanding of the vision of Open Doors and—most of all—passionate about sharing the story of the persecuted church with others.
The time commitment is flexible and depends upon opportunities at your church and in your community, but averages 5 – 10 hours per month.
All Connectors must successfully complete the Open Doors Volunteer Orientation and Connector training sessions. On an ongoing basis, you’ll need to keep in touch with Open Doors by reading emails, attending conference calls or webinars and staying informed about new tools and events as they become available.
To start making a difference as a Connector, click the sign-up link below.
SIGN UP NOW