Welcome! We want to thank you for being a part of the Open Doors network of influencers. Below you’ll find a list of resources around the release of the 2018 World Watch List. We invite you to review these exclusive resources in preparation for the launch.
*However, and this is extremely important, these will not go public until Wednesday, January 10, after the official press event. So please do not share these in any way before the release.
- Read the 2018 World Watch List Press Release (Embargoed until January 10)
- View and download the 2018 World Watch List map (Embargoed until January 10)
- View the 2018 World Watch List Video (Embargoed until January 10)
- password: Isaiah4110
While mainstream media covers this event, we believe there are also some unique opportunities for interested bloggers or writers. Here are some recommendations below:
- Write a pre-event piece, announcing the pending release that includes interviews with Open Doors staff as desired. You can also share or embed the livestream link to the press event so readers can watch “live” from your site.
- Attend the event on behalf of your publication—either in person or via livestream—and write a post about it, including an in-person or phone/Skype interview with a participant (Open Doors CEO, David Curry, Advocacy Director Kristin Wright, other Open Doors staff members, or one of the 3 persecuted believers who can speak to how Christianity is practiced in their restrictive regions).
- Write a post-event piece, conducting an interview about a specific insight/angle revealed in the report. Stories often develop around the inclusion of new countries, countries where persecution increases dramatically, new trends etc.
Thank you in advance for partnering with us to share the stories and needs of the persecuted church! *And please remember to keep these resources private until the release on January 10!